Services that Strengthen Nonprofits
As a skilled and experienced nonprofit consultant, I guide nonprofits toward success. After going through some assessment, we then build on your organization’s strengths.. The goal is to help you to be more effective, financially stable, and more strategic in understanding and meeting community needs. Working together with executive leadership, staff, and board means understanding where you are now, and understanding the organization’s capacity for risk and change. We then explore opportunities for growth, and address the challenges you face while crafting strategies to help you achieve your mission.
As a whole-systems practitioner, I recognize that presenting issues are, at their root, complex and arise out of challenges at more than one organizational level. Organizational development is the process through which your organization develops the internal capacity to be the most effective it can be in its mission work, and to sustain itself over the long term. My goal is to see the causes of issues you face, rather than focusing primarily on symptoms. Your very survival depends on seeing past the symptoms:
- from basic systems to handling critical transitions;
- to your functioning as the best provider of services for the populations you serve,
- to your ability to fundraise successfully and engage the community as a whole.
Developing your organization sometimes takes longer than you think it will and can be messy! It is a never-ending process and people need systems and support to sustain change.
What I Offer
- Organizational Assessment: identifying what is working well, any barriers to effectiveness, and strategies for transforming.
- Strategic Thinking and Planning: needs assessments, planning, and measurements on achieving your organizational goals.
- Leadership Coaching: Enhancing the effectiveness of your executive director, board chair, or leadership teams through improved communications and decision making.
- Resource Development: Development planning of income from multiple sources, capital projects and campaigns, donor stewardship, and assessment and training of fundraising staff.
- Executive Transition: Leverage the opportunities presented by a change in leadership and succession planning.